At The French Wine Project, we are committed to protecting your privacy and being transparent about the information we collect and how we use it. By providing your details to The French Wine Project you are accepting and consenting to the practices outlined in this Privacy Statement.
We ask for your information in a variety of circumstances. For example:
- when you make a purchase from us through our website or enquiries (by email, post, telephone or fax).
- when you register with us
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
Ordering with us
When ordering with The French Wine Project, products are subject to availability and if for some reason a product is out of stock we will inform you by email as to its time of availability or offer a suitable alternative.
We will supply an ensuing vintage when the quoted is no longer available. Please state in the notes at checkout if you do not want an ensuing vintage. If you fail to put this in the notes we are still happy to accept returns when agreed beforehand, though these will be subject to return carriage fees, which are the responsibility of the person sending back the wines.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Most browsers will notify you when you receive a new cookie and advise you on how to disable cookies. However, cookies will enable you to take full advantage of The French Wine Project website services and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Third party cookies
The French Wine Project website uses no third party cookies for advertising networks or partner companies, or for marketing to thefrenchwineproject.com visitors and customers off the website itself.
Google and the Google Group of companies
The French Wine Project website uses Google Analytics for general tracking of site usage.
Content Sharing and Social Networks
If you take the opportunity to ‘share’ TheFrenchWineProject.com content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
All data is collected lawfully and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.